New group starting in September
“Greater Than Addiction”
Meetings on Wednesdays 7:00 – 9:00 pm
September 19 – November 7, Lehner Center, Mark
Catholic Charities Community Services of Medina County will be hosting a new group for families and friend of addicts here at Saint Ambrose. Joining a support group is one of the best things you can do for yourself … and your loved one:
• It can provide you with an outlet to share your feelings and experiences and see that there are other families going through similar situations.
• It can help you have a better understanding of what addiction is. Addiction is a very complex disease that affects the brain and in turn, influences the behavior and actions as well as the thoughts of the person.
• A support group can provide you with emotional support.
• A support group may help you reduce or eliminate enabling behaviors and avoid the natural tendency to want to help your family member avoid the consequences of their actions.
• You may be able to help your loved one as a result of your involvement in a support group. You can learn how to help your loved one increase their own motivation to recover from their addiction, you can work on changing family patterns that can enable the addict or cause problems during their recovery, and you can gain tools to show you how to help your loved one avoid a relapse.
The facilitator of this group will be Joni Obrecht, LPCC. Joni has a Master’s degree in professional clinical counseling and experience in individual, couples and family counseling.
Space is limited to 10 participants (adults only) so please call Catholic Charities to reserve your spot. 330.723.9615 or with any questions you may have.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Lisa at LHomady@StAmbrose.us